First and foremost, we want to thank you. We appreciate the heroic efforts of healthcare professionals like you. Our business, like yours, is learning to adjust to the challenges surrounding COVID-19 and finding new ways to work and communicate with our teams. To help dental practices, we’ve compiled a list of resources to help you work remotely and efficiently under the new direction from the ADA.
Remote Dentistry and Claims Processing
- Several states currently allow teledentistry, which may allow practices to assist patients and triage urgent versus non-urgent cases. Here’s how offices can communicate with patients and conduct teledental sessions, some COVID-19 teledentistry coding tips, and HHS guidelines on teledentistry.
- The ADA is continuously updating guidance on coding and billing during COVID-19. Here is the coding information to use when filing claims.
- Remote Lite can work from virtually any computer. No need to be in the office to submit claims. To set up Remote Lite on your home computer or help a dental practice get set up, call us at (866) 712-9584.
- We know every dental practice’s financial health is top of mind. Here’s info on small business loans
- Some assistance is also available from several insurance payers as well.
- AADOM is offering free memberships to help office managers stay connected.
- Here is some information on choosing the right CE credit courses
Just for Fun
Working from home with kids is hard. We’ve made some dental-themed coloring pages for you to share with patients or print off yourself. Download them here.